Sunday, May 17, 2009

Why Nat is Brilliant, pt. 2

6. He's Type A, and I guess it turns out that I'm type A. I didn't want to believe it. But then Nat told me. Oh. I guess we are.
7. He picks out the coolest stuff for me to read. To wit, Robert Bolt's play "A Man For All Seasons" (the story of Thomas More, funny enough, that same Christmas, Derek got me Thomas More's "Utopia." Eerie?), and Speeches that Changed the World.  My kind of stuff.
8. He reads all the New York Times Op-Eds so I don't have to, then forwards all the good stuff to me.
9. Would be appalled that I have used the word stuff three times in this post without any of them being parts of Nelson's quotations.
10. He does his Home Teaching. As far as I can tell, it takes intelligence to see the need for home teaching and then doing it. And with all the other stuff he has to do, it takes true brilliance to find time to do take care of even this seemingly little thing.


No comments: